Newton Music Department Calendar
Below is the google calendar for the Newton Local Schools instrumental and vocal music ensembles. Itineraries for concert band and choir off-site events can be found on the individual ensemble pages
You can also click HERE to view the calendar in a new window.
If you would like to subscribe to this calendar, simply use the link below. You must COPY and PASTE (or you can type it) into Microsoft Outlook, iCal, or your smartphone and it will automatically subscribe and update as changes are made.
Be sure you do not "download" the link as a file. If downloaded, it will add all current events to your calendar but it WILL NOT receive automatic updates! You must use this link as a subscription or "internet calendar" for it to function properly.
Using your calendar software, you must "add" or "subscribe" to a new calendar and when prompted, paste the link below into the "server" address. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.*IMPORTANT* Be sure to use correct capital and lower case letters in the link below otherwise it will not work!
Generic Steps to follow:
1) Open your calendar software (Outlook, Gmail, Mail, Contacts, and Calendars in the iPad/iPhone settings screen)
2) You must add an account. Look for buttons that say "Add Account" or "Open Calendar."
3) You will want to add a "Subscribed Calendar" or "Internet Calendar" account...there should be a button or option for this in your software.
4) You should be prompted to enter a server address or calendar location. When asked, you will enter the address above into the software...copy and paste works great.
5) Click OK, Finished, Accept, etc. and you should then be subscribed to our calendar and any changes will automatically update in your software!
6) If all else fails, do a web search for the device or program you are using and search for how to add an "internet" or "subscribed" calendar!
*Note: If your application/device/software does not have an option for adding subscribed calendars, I highly reccomend signing up for a free Gmail/Google Account. Those with a Google Account can easily subscribe to the Newton Music Department Calendar from the "Calendar" tab after opening Google in your web browser and signing in.
Google Calendar Directions
- Go to Google and sign-in or create a free account.
- Open the Calendar page by clicking "Calendar" at the top of the page.
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Add by URL from the menu
- Paste the above link into the "URL" box.
- Click the Add Calendar button. The calendar will appear in the Other Calendars section of the calendar list to the left.
- Any device or program that has your Google Account set-up on it will now have Newton Music Department events automatically added and updated.